Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Ice Cream Truck

I always remember and sometimes even quote this thing my father use to say about death.
"When you die you become shit!"

I think i could see some bitterness in his words, maybe some kind of regret about his decisions in life, i don't really know. I must say i share with him this idea, at least part of it.

I say "we become shit!" when we rotten in our graves and nature put us back in the energy cycle.
I say "we become shit!" when we are no longer able to change and participate in the world around us.
I say "I'll become shit!" when i get hit by the neighborhood's ice cream truck, but first let me have one of those ice creams! Meanwhile let me drink some coffee and smoke a cigarette, let me laugh with my friends, have fun with my kid on a Sunday morning. Let me kiss that beautiful girl. Let me share what i like and take what I can.

Than i can, finally, become a regretless pile of stinking shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment